Only half of small businesses have a business website, and even less use search engine optimization, or SEO. One of the main reasons for this is because of the cost to design, build and maintain a website. As long as business is decent, why complicate things with a website that needs dedicated resources? Or, at least that’s the thought process.
Yes, Even the Smallest Businesses Need Websites
All businesses, big or small, can benefit from a website. People are spending more and more time online, which means this is where your customers are. A business website allows people to learn about your company and interact with your brand. If you don’t have an online presence, you will eventually lose more people to other companies that are active online. Don’t let a decision that you make today be the downfall of your business tomorrow.
Also, there are guaranteed benefits that come with having a website, such as legitimacy for your business, an opportunity for lead generation and data collection and increased eCommerce spending. Having a website for your small business also allows you to manage your reputation. What do you want people to think of you?
What You Have to Gain by Building a WordPress Site
The good news is that websites no longer have to cost thousands of dollars to design and build. They are also much easier to maintain, and just one design can provide you with an excellent user experience across all devices. The solution is found in a responsive WordPress website.
Here are the main advantages of using WordPress for your website.
- Beautiful, responsive themes. WordPress offers thousands of themes. The free ones aren’t bad, but we do suggest opening yourself up to paid ones as well. These have more functionalities and unique designs that are worth the cost. Find a design that represents your brand, appeals to your audience and works seamlessly across all devices.
- Increased functionality with plugins. WordPress plugins extend the functionality of your site without you having to know code. There are over 10,000 plugins that help make your website more functional and enjoyable to use. For example, there are plugins that allow you to add slideshows, collect information on visitors and use SEO.
- Simple, automatic updates. WordPress sites are easy to keep updated with fresh, engaging content that keeps your brand front and center. You can add blogs and articles to your site by clicking a few buttons, and publish articles for the future so that new content is constantly being added to your site.
- Increased rankings on Google. Google likes WordPress sites because they are updated regularly, and the content is structured well. In fact, Google has even recommended using WordPress sites to gain rankings quickly.
- Active, engaged community. There are over 75 million websites that use WordPress, so the community is thriving. There are always new themes and plugins to enjoy, resources to turn to for help and thousands of designers and developers happy to give tips. You don’t have to worry about your site going stale or out of date on WordPress.
Have questions about WordPress? Call Magna Technology and discover how affordable a brand new website can be for your small business.