While blogging has become a popular trend among influencers who want to share their personal stories, many businesses discredit how blogging can be an incredibly powerful marketing tool for their bottom line.
Below we will tackle three ways having a blog can benefit your long-term business goals. Let’s dig in!
1. Improved SEO
As a business owner, you are likely looking for ways to increase your visibility on the web. Thankfully, having a blog can dramatically improve your website’s SEO! But how does blogging lead to this? Here are five ways a blog can boost your SEO:
- Keywords: Each time you post a blog, more keywords about what your company brings to the table are added to the internet. This helps search engines gather more information about your services and ultimately makes your content more visible for people who are already searching these keywords.
- Relevant Content: Posting blogs surrounding questions your customers are asking will inevitably bring more traffic to your website, boosting your SEO. This will enable you to relate to your audience better by providing them with quality content about the topics they care about!
- Consistent Updates: Since you likely aren’t updating your website every month, adding a blog can help search engines see that you have regular activity on your website and that it contains current information, therefore increasing your SEO.
- Increased “Dwell Time”: Adding a blog with quality content means your visitors are more likely to be spending more “dwell time” on your website than they would on other websites. This helps search engines see that you have high “ dwell time” and that your visitors find your content useful, improving SEO.
- Internal Links: Adding a blog to your site increases your opportunity to add internal links which link back to other parts of your website, therefore increasing your website’s traffic even further. This will also boost your SEO.
As you can see, improved SEO alone is the reason your website needs a blog!
2. Establish Yourself as an Industry Expert
Another major benefit to sharing regular blog posts is that it increases your reputation for being an expert in your industry. If you focus on sharing high-quality, informative content that your target audience will find useful, you will gain customers’ trust and respect. You’ll be their top-pick when it comes to buying products or signing up for services relevant to the topics they care about, because they will view you as “the expert”!
3. Define Your Brand
Oftentimes, simply visiting a website can feel cold and unconvincing. On the other hand, if you have a blog, you are able to establish an authentic and relatable voice for your brand. At the end of the day, customers will choose where they spend their money based on emotion, and if they feel they can trust and relate to you, you will likely be their first choice.
If you want to drastically improve your SEO, come across as an expert in your industry and increase your connection with your audience, then it’s time to add a blog to your website!