Many people forget to utilize their WordPress footer, which appears at the bottom of each page of your website. This valuable real estate lets you add content whether it’s a link to another page, your store hours or your contact info. If you’re not taking full advantage of your footer, it’s time to do so!
Below are some tips for customizing your WordPress footer and adding more value to your site.
Finding and Editing Your WordPress Footer
The “footer” of your website refers to the bottom section of your website. Many websites use this territory to share useful links that don’t fit in the main menu but are still important to users. Before making any permanent changes to your footer, be sure to preview them. The number of footers and their size/appearance depend on the WordPress theme you are using.
Some of the things you can include in your footer are:
- Links to apps
- Latest blog posts
- Terms and conditions
- Newsletter subscription
- Social media links
- Company information
Adding Widgets to Your Footer
Another thing you can add to your footer is widgets. Log into your WordPress account and use the Admin panel to find Appearance – Widgets. You’ll see all of the available widgets you can add to your website. Make any changes to the widget that you feel necessary, hit the Save button and bring your footer to life!
Here are a few of our favorite widgets for WordPress footers:
- Archives. Organize your blog posts based on when you’ve published them. This lets visitors discover your older content.
- Authors. Make it easy for people to find the names of the authors who write your blog posts.
- Calendar. This widget lets you display links to your blogs based on their post date.
- Contact info and map. Display your location, hours, contact information and even a map to your business.
- Search. A search widget lets users quickly search your website.
Your WordPress footer is one of the most valuable parts of your website. This is why it’s important that you don’t overlook it. Thankfully, WordPress makes it easy to customize your footer. By adding valuable links, you also improve site navigation and SEO. If you have questions or need help with this task, contact Magna Technology today.